speculation and random musings about life as i know it.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to Mom Club

The first rule of Mom Club is:  You always talk about Mom Club.

The second rule of Mom Club is:  You ALWAYS talk about Mom Club. 

The third rule of Mom Club is:  If someone yells "STOP," or starts looking uncomfortable, you have to stop talking about Mom Club.  (Including your horrific birth experience)

I sincerely hope this doesn't make me sound like a bad person - and forgive the double standard (because I know I talk about pregnancy...a lot) - but does it have to be the only subject we talk about anymore?  For instance, I think we had some pretty cool conversations pre-pregnancy...say, about music, pets, crafting, what treasure was found at the thrift store, and the latest gossip about town. 

So, if I change the subject next time you're telling me about your mucous plug - don't be offended.  I'm just trying to milk my last few months of pre-parenthood autonomy for all they're worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment